The House of the Good Shepherd


This file appears in: Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
The House of the Good Shepherd

- 931 Blair -
Between 1883 and 1967, the site was occupied by the House of the Good Shepherd. Operated by the Contemplative Sisters of the Good Shepherd, the facility housed unwed mothers, prostitutes and girls deemed "incorrigible." The massive Gothic building, with three tall towers and a large dome, was torn down in the late 1960s. Wilder bought the site in 1969 and moved its campus there.

Date: Approximately 1900

Image courtesy of Minnesota Historical Society


This file appears in: Amherst H. Wilder Foundation