Dietsch’s Hall, 601 N. Western Ave., was another historic gathering place for the Frogtown German community. It was built in 1890 by Joseph Steinkamp, who operated a bar and other businesses in the easternmost part of the brick building. The two-story building later became Dietsch’s Hall. Many Frogtowners remembered going to wedding and anniversary receptions and other events in its second story, which had large arched windows.
The westernmost part of the building along Thomas Avenue was erected at a later date.
The bar had many owners over the years and was extensively remodeled in the 1970s. It was the Blues Saloon for many years, featuring local, regional and national acts.