Justus Ohage, M.D.


This file appears in: Harriet Island
Justus Ohage, M.D.

Dr. Ohage was an innovative surgeon, a professor at the University of Minnesota, and the city's first public health officer, serving from 1899 to 1918. Ohage acquired Harriet Island on his own, then donated it to the city in 1900 on the condition that it be used as a park.

Image source: Men of Minnesota: A Collection of Portraits of Men Prominent in Business and Professional Life in Minnesota (St. Paul: R.L. Polk & Co., 1915).


This file appears in: Harriet Island