Education

Some of the oldest public and private schools in the City and State are located in the West 7th neighborhood. While some schools have come and gone—Riverside, Davis, and St. Stanislaus—the community has rallied to ensure that neighborhood-based schools remain strong in the West End. Monroe, Adams, Saint Francis de Sales, and Saint James, all established between 1880 and 1913, have all transformed over the years to accommodate 21st century educational needs.

Images

St. Stanislaus School

St. Stanislaus School

Graduating class Date: Approximately 1901 Image courtesy of Minnesota Historical Society View File Details Page

Monroe School

Monroe School

Goodhue and Western Avenue Date: Approximately 1900 Image courtesy Minnesota Historical Society View File Details Page

Adams School

Adams School

539 View Date: 1890 Image courtesy of Minnesota Historical Society View File Details Page

Cite this Page:

Jim Sazevich, “Education,” Saint Paul Historical, accessed May 24, 2017, http://saintpaulhistorical.com/items/show/55.

Subjects

Tour navigation:  Previous | Tour Info | Next

Share this Story