3M

Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing, as 3M was originally named, moved from Two Harbors, MN, to St. Paul in 1910. The company started with sandpaper and abrasives, and eventually became a major international corporation making a wide variety of products. 3M closed all operations on St. Paul's Eastside in 2009.

Images

Manufacture of cellulose tape, 3M View File Details Page

3M Plant and surrounding area, St. Paul

3M Plant and surrounding area, St. Paul

Aerial view, vicinity of East Seventh and Arcade ca. 1962 Image Courtesy of Minnesota Historical Society Collections: http://www.mnhs.org/collections/ View File Details Page

3M plant explosion, St. Paul

3M plant explosion, St. Paul

ca. 2/8/1951 Photographer: Minneapolis Star Journal Tribune Image Courtesy of Minnesota Historical Society Collections: http://www.mnhs.org/collections/ View File Details Page

Manufacturing Sandpaper, 3M

Manufacturing Sandpaper, 3M

ca.1970 Image Courtesy of Minnesota Historical Society Collections: http://www.mnhs.org/collections/ View File Details Page

Street Address:

900 Bush Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 5512 [map]

Cite this Page:

“3M,” Saint Paul Historical, accessed March 30, 2017, http://saintpaulhistorical.com/items/show/4.

Related Tours

Tour navigation:  Tour Info | Next

Share this Story