This sprawling Queen Anne mansion was built in 1885, for an estimated $13,000. Augustus F. Gauger designed the home for Albert Lindeke who was one of the founders of the Northwest’s largest wholesale dry goods company, Lindeke, Warner, and Schurmeier.
The house is located at 295 Summit Avenue, and consists of 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 11 to 12 foot ceilings throughout, and an overall floor space of nearly 5,000 square feet. The outside of the home features Platteville limestone window sills and door lintels, arches, decorative accents, and applied metal crests on the chimneys. It has seen many renovations, but the most significant was in 1903, contracted to architects Reed and Stem, with the removal of the large central bay, shortening of the corner tower, and addition of the front porch. The mansion has been used for different purposes other than a residence, but is now home to condominiums.