- 475 MacKubin Street -
The St. Philip's Episcopal Church traces its origins to 1868 and a congregation organized as Saint Mark’s. After founding Pastor Rev. T. H. N. Gerry died the group disbanded a year later. Saint Philip’s was founded about 20 years later. In 1905 the congregation purchased its first church building, which was destroyed in 1954 to make way for the building it occupied until 2008. Saint Philip’s had a long history of community outreach and activism. The congregation moved out of the MacKubin building after a 2008 merger with Saint Thomas Episcopal Church. The merged congregation is now Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, and is at Epiphany Episcopal Church, 1636 Van Buren Ave. in Hamline-Midway neighborhood.